Monday, October 29, 2012

Sales Promotion and Personal Selling

When any company has sales promotions it usually has a greater effect on consumers. Consumers tend to be more attracted to the item being sold.

When purchasing any Apple product directly from the Apple store, the items are always full price. No discounts, no coupons or anything. Of course when you are purchasing from the Apple store, the items are a lot more expensive. Apple sells it products to BestBuy for a cheaper price. Bestbuy sells the products of Apple at a lower price than Apple of course. If you are purchasing from BestBuy, sometimes they show the price you will pay if buying the item from the Apple store itself. Sometimes, on the website it says they are not allowed to show the price difference from the Apple store because it goes against there contract.

Apple is always trying to lure in new consumers. By comparing their products to other consumer products, they always inform their current consumers about ho well their products work, of course they know that, that's why they have purchased their products. As they try to lure in new consumers they want to show you what Apple products are capable of and why they are better than any other product. If you are looking to buy a laptop in BestBuy, not necessarily a MacBook, they have laptops out so the consumer can test the items out. They use sampling in stores so the possible consumer can determine whether or not to purchase the item.

Sometimes people buy items to buy items. They don't necessarily need the item but just want to have the item. When I decided i needed a new laptop because me Dell had a virus, I did not know what laptop I should turn to. Of course, my brother has a MacBook. He stated that MacBooks are a lot better because they do not get viruses and are a lot faster than any other laptop. I really did not care for the MacBook at first but as I went laptop shopping with my boyfriend, I was determined to buy a MacBook. The look of the laptop is beautiful. The speed is very quick and it does not catch any viruses. The amount of memory the laptops can hold is incredible and it never slows down. Of course I did not buy a $1,600 laptop for myself, my boyfriend bought it for me. I was determined to get the laptop because my brother sold the idea of it to me and being able to use it in person at the store was even better. The purchase of the laptop was based on Personal Selling by my brother.

1 comment: